Most commercial roofing systems can last up to 15-20 years. However, sometimes your commercial roof may also leak due to various reasons.
Why Is My Commercial Roof Leaking?
Improper roof installation is one of the main reasons behind commercial roof leaks. This will include improper installation of roof structures such as roof flashing, roof membrane, roof vents or chimney, etc. Falling trees, hail, or other objects can also cause significant damage to a roof and cause water leakage.
Signs of a Commercial Roof Leak
Here are the most common signs of a commercial roof leak.
- Stained ceilings or walls
- Visible damage to the roof flashings
- Odor and mold problems in your facility
- Formation of puddles and water dripping inside your building
- Higher energy bills
Common Causes of Commercial Roof Leaks
Some of the major causes of commercial roof leaking are poor or no drainage, open penetrations, damaged roof flashings, improper sealing, damaged roof membranes, or an aging roof.
What to Do When Your Commercial Roof Is Leaking
1. The first thing you should remember if you find your commercial roof leaking is not to panic.
2. Now clear the area of people, supplies, and equipment so that you can reduce damage. Keep a bucket to keep the water from collecting on your floor.
3. If you have heavy objects that can’t be easily relocated, make sure to cover them with plastic to avoid water damage.
4. Locate the exact point of the leak and mark it. It would be best if you do this while it’s still raining as it would be difficult to mark these areas once your roof dries up.
5. Call a professional roof repairer to assess the damage and get your roof fixed as soon as possible.
Commercial Flat Roof Repair: The Alternative to Replacement
If a roof is leaking badly, it is better to repair it rather than replace the entire roof. For example, you can coat it with silicone, which will make it 100% waterproof and will also come with a warranty if installed by our professional roofing service.
Is a Leaking Roof Covered by Building Insurance?
Insurance coverage will largely depend on the nature of the leak. While most insurance providers will cover repair costs for leaks that were unavoidable, they will not cover the leaks caused by poor roof maintenance.
Call Your Commercial Roofing Contractor
If you are looking for the Commercial Roof Leak Repair near Orange County and Los Angeles for roofing replacement and repair, make sure to contact Applied Roofing Services today. You can call us at 714-632-8418 or get a quote online by visiting our website.