Roof coatings like spray polyurethane foam protect and extend the life of your roofing systems. Many people are not aware that their typical asphalt roofing system is heavily affected by the heat – the number one cause of roof failure. Once damaged, asphalt roofing systems lead to rising energy costs. Therefore, a cool roof coating is an excellent way to beat the heat because it provides a cool, energy efficient, and safe roof over your head.
How to Beat the Heat with Cool Roofs?
You can effectively beat the heat with cool roof coating systems for your commercial property.
A cool roof prevents the sun’s heat from entering the building by reflecting the sunlight, back to the sky. Cool roofs can significantly reduce the building’s cooling burden in several climatic zones. A few well-known benefits of cool roofs to the building owner and occupants include:
- Increased comfort during the hot summer months
- Decreased use of air conditioning, leading to energy savings
- Reduced roof maintenance costs due to improved roof life
- Protection from ultra-violet light and harmful chemicals
- Environment-friendly materials used
Summer Roofing Safety Tips
Working in hot weather can be challenging for anyone. You may choose to check the condition of the roofing on your own. However, it can be a risky process so you should leave the job to experts. Here are some essential roofing safety tips that you should follow when working on or inspecting your roof this summer.
- Stay up-to-date on the local weather conditions
- Keep yourself properly hydrated
- Keep an eye on signs of heat-related illness
- Follow all the routine summer roofing safety measures
- Limit your work time in the sun
Contact us today to learn about our spray foam cool roofing service or to receive a free roofing estimate for your property.
Also Read: The Versatile Benefits of Spray Foam Roofing